Author Topic: Seletar Secondary School 67-69  (Read 5500 times)

stevehogg

• View Profile
Seletar Secondary School 67-69
« on: January 28, 2012, 12:34:05 PM »
Just found this site and I'm eager to find old friends from my school days. Hopefully my name will jog some memories, Steven Hogg, my brother was Mark Hogg and my Father was Sgt Ron Hogg and we lived at RAF Changi but were school at Seletar from Aug 1967 to Dec 1969. Remembered that at one stag there were 3 other Steven/Stephens in my class, surnames being Stirling, Hewitt and Russell. I remember Ann Tucker, Susan Green, Maureen and Amanda who's surnames I've forgotten. So would appreciate if anyone can help. Steve.

wildenrath2000

• View Profile
Re: Seletar Secondary School 67-69
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 09:04:28 AM »
Welcome to the site, I hope that you manage to find old friends.
Come and meet new ones at the Singapore Schools Reunion in Hatfield on October 20th.
Email me at singaporeschool.reunion@googlemail.com for further details.

Tennant

• View Profile
Re: Seletar Secondary School 67-69
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 10:40:11 PM »
Hi Steve,

Your message was reposted on Ex Far East Brit Brats FB page.  I was at Seletar Secondary Modern from Jan 65 to July 67, years 1-3, in forms 1-3.  We lived on camp at Changi and I took Gharry 3 to School. Changi was my Dad's last overseas posting, but having gotten the travel bug, after graduation I joined the international arm of a large British construction company and in 1976 went to Muscat in Oman and then Kano and Port Harcourt in Nigeria before going to Hong Kong in 1980. I still call Hong Kong home, although in the last couple of years I have become more heavily involved with interests in Kuala Lumpur and now I commute between the two cities. At the moment I am in KL.  I go done to Singapore several times a year and as used to live very close to the Golf Course at Changi (on Manston Road) getting to where my old house used to be (it was pulled down several years ago) is not difficult.

Stephen Tennant