Author Topic: I found another old friend  (Read 4465 times)

JeanRontree

• View Profile
I found another old friend
« on: July 01, 2010, 11:18:36 AM »
Hi all,

I found an old school friend on the AGS site, after 10 years of looking, Caroline Rossiter, my best friend from Kinloss House, AGS 1962. I have now found another of our gang Lyndsay Morrison, on facebook.  It is great catching up with them both. Caroline is in Canada and Lynn (as she calls herself now) is in U.K. and we have been emailing all our news and still loads to tell each other after 48 years!! DON'T GIVE UP LOOKING.

Jean Rontree (nee Bartaby)

wildenrath2000

• View Profile
Re: I found another old friend
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »
I have started playing badminton on a Wednesday evening, and found out last night that one of the chaps I play with went to Bourne School (Singapore) and boarded at Kinloss about 1967 - 1968.
I'll find out his name next time I play.
What a small world.

Saifudin Abdeen

• View Profile
Re:Looking for an old friend Fiona O'Neill now known as Fiona Wilkinson
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:37:47 AM »
Hi there,

My apology for replying to an unknown person.It happen you were from St John in 1967 and 1968,I've just want to know if you knew Fiona O' Neill,She once
stayed in Island View Estate  near Kent Ridge and she is my neighbour in the 6o's.I browse the British Forces school in Singapore and found her name as an ex Bourne school before St.John Comprehensive school.I join this community as to look for old friends when we were kids in Singapore.She got a younger brother Hugh John O'Neill
and sister Frances O'Neill.As of this mail I notice she is married and now known as Fiona Wlkinson.
I am known in the  estate as Dane Abdeen and my father is a British Army Captain with RCT until 1971 and we stayed at  No.9,Island View Road. Fiona is my neighbour who live in Chelsea Road.During  our younger days I used to go to Gillman Youth Club every Friday evening.
I am now in Indonesia and met with an ex-St John whose name is Geoff Vanacek.
If you knew her wherabout either in the UK or Australia,please send my regards and say hello from an old (now very old) friends.My apology for using your mail just because you are an ex St.John school boarders.
Thank you  for using your mailing address.

Regards,

Dane Abdeen  (AKA  Saifudin Abdeen)  email:  saifudinabdeen@hotmail.com

Tanglin

• View Profile
Re: I found another old friend
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 08:32:16 PM »
I tried your email address you posted on a message but it pinged back.  Have you got a new address as I'd like to contact you re Kinloss House